Are you limited on space and looking for the best underseat subwoofer to elevate the sound quality of your vehicle?
There are a lot of people who want to upgrade the sound system in their cars but there is always the dilemma of the real estate available.
Check my list here:
- Kicker 11HS8 8″ 150W Hideaway Car Audio Powered Subwoofer Sub Enclosure HS8
- Sound Storm LOPRO8 Amplified Car Subwoofer – 600 Watts Max Power, Low Profile, 8 Inch Subwoofer, Remote Subwoofer Control, Great For Vehicles That Need Bass But Have Limited Space
- Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800 Watt Slim Low Profile Active Powered Car Subwoofer Sub
- Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer
Table of Contents
- 1 Why Underseat Subwoofers?
- 2 Top Our Pick For Best Underseat Subwoofer In 2019
Why Underseat Subwoofers?
Inexpensive– To have a fully functioning car system, you need to invest in a good amplifier and subwoofers. A powered subwoofer already comes with a built-in amplifier and it is a touch and go installation process.
space– You don’t have to compromise on sound or the quality with powered underseat subwoofers. They fit perfectly under the seats thus saving on space and the quality is better than most factory units.
Installation– You can install these subwoofers in less than 20 minutes if you know your away around your vehicle. Conventional subwoofers can take more time since they have to be wired to the amp and you might need to the help of a professional for proper installation.
Top Our Pick For Best Underseat Subwoofer In 2019
1. Kenwood KSC-SW11 Compact Powered Enclosed Subwoofer
If you are limited on space and need some serious bass to power your car audio then this the perfect subwoofer.
Kenwood is a big name in the audio world and has been around since early 70S. The Kenwood KSC -SW11 underseat subwoofer bass is outstanding compared to other subwoofers of the same size.
Its high sensitivity rating at 100db means you can play louder and longer hours with less power which is rare with small subs.
It features 70 Watts RMS for the built-in amp and has a study aluminium enclosure to ensure that the subs gets rid of rattles.
This powered subwoofer has a wired remote controller in which the bass can be adjusted from the driver’s seat.
The subwoofer is not only meant for cars at it can be used in media rooms and home theatres.
Its low frequency-response can challenge larger subwoofers and if you are looking at reinforcing bass, then is the subwoofer for you.
- aluminum enclosure with 8-1/4″ x 5-1/8″ sub
- built-in amplifier: 75 watts RMS power (150 watts maximum)
- power/ground wiring harness
- preamp- (RCA) and speaker-level inputs
- frequency response: 35-125 Hz
- dimensions: 11″W x 2-3/4″H x 7-1/2″D
What you Get In The Box:
- Wired remote control with attached 16.4′ cord (has 6-conductor RJ-25 plug on the end)
- 14′ Speaker-level input cable (male stereo RCA jacks on one end and speaker wire with bullet connectors on the other)
- 4′ Power harness
- Cable security bar
- Adhesive backed hook and loop fastener (1-1/2″ x 7/8″)
- 2 Mounting brackets
- Four 5/8″ Self-tapping screws
- Four M4 x 6mm Machine screws
- Two M3 x 8mm Machine screws
- Instruction manual
2. KICKER 11HS8 8″ 150W Hideaway Car Audio Powered Subwoofer
This is Kicker’s first powered subwoofer. It is comprised of a 150 watts amplifier and an 8 inch subwoofer. The Kicker hideaway is compact and is guaranteed to add some serious bass to the tightest location in your vehicle. Such spaces could be beneath or behind the seat or in the trunk
It has an RMS output of 150 watts. It features both high and low level inputs so that you can use both factory and aftermarket radio and speakers.
The Hideaway has a phase switch to prevent cancellation issues and comes with a remote bass control to control the bass levels in the front seat.
For precise subwoofer control, it features a variable low pass filter with centre frequencies of 50-120 Hz.
- RMS power output: 150 watts
- Wired remote bass level control included
- KickEQ bass boost: Variable 0 – +6dB @ 40Hz
- Auto turn on (12V or DC)
- Input sensitivity:
Low level: 125mV-5V
High level: 250mV-10V
- Variable low-pass filter (50-120 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- Subsonic filter (24dB/octave highs pass @ 25Hz)
- Phase Shift: 0-180°
- Frequency response: 25-120 Hz
3. SOUND STORM LOPRO8 8 inch 600-watt Amplified Subwoofer System
This compact underseat subwoofer features 600 Watts RMS max power with both low and high level inputs. It can easily be hooked directly to factory or aftermarket stereos without any difficulties.
It features an 8 inch subwoofer with a built-in amplifier all enclosed in a ported enclosure. It delivers high-powered quality bass which is astonishing given the fact that it doesn’t have venting ports.
With a 3 inch height, the sound storm can fit under the seat of most vehicles. The sounds can be customized as it boasts of a subsonic filter, bass boost and a variable low pass cross over.
To get the best sound especially with factory system components, you need to make sure you tune the sub/amp to find the perfect acoustical balance.
It is also recommended that you place the subwoofer in a space with good airflow as it can heat up really fast.
- SKU: SSL12-LOPRO8
- 8″ Slim Subwoofer
- RCA low level input
- High level input
- Green & red LED power status indicator
- Phase selector switch: 0 or 180°
- Adjustable input sensitivity: 0.2V-6V
- 0 to +12dB variable Bass Boost (@45Hz)
- Subsonic filter (20-50 Hz)
- Low pass filter (20-150 Hz)
- Soft delay remote turn-on
- Thermal, short and overload protection circuits
- Dimensions: 13.5″ X 9.75″ X 2.875″
- Max power: 600 watts
4. Rockville RW10CA 10″ 800 Watt Slim Low Profile Active Powered Car Subwoofer
This is an all in one underseat subwoofer designed to fit in the tightest of places. It has a 10 inch slim profile Rockville car subwoofer with a custom molded front grill.
It is designed and engineered to work as a complete system resulting in intense bass response.
It comes equipped with a built-in 800 Watt powered amplifier. It also features a PWM MOSFET power supply. One the side of this unit you will find low level RCA inputs, high level speaker inputs and an advanced turn on feature.
This system has a thermal protection unit and you will never have to worry about the system shutting down in case of overheating.
This underseat subwoofer easily integrates with any OEM system with minimal wiring. Power signals and remote turn on are all achieved with molded angle terminals for easy access allowing for simple installation.
- Maximum Power RMS: 200 Watts
- Impedance: 2 Ohm
- Dimensions: 12.4 x 13.4 x 2.7 (L x W X H) Inches
- Frequency Response: 20Hz – 150Hz
- Sensitivity: 90dB @ 1w / 1m
- 800 Watts Peak / 200 Watts RMS
- PWM MOSFET Power Supply
- Low Level RCA Input