The 2000 Watt Amp is the most searched for amp after the 5 Channel and the 1000 watt amp. The most important question you should be asking yourself is what are you going to use the amp for?
There are a couple of 2000 Watt amps in the market. We have done the hard work for you and compiled a list of the most highly rated amps and recommended by experts.
Best 2000 Watt Amp Buyer’s Guide
If you are going to spend $300 on a subwoofer, It’s only fair you spend the same amount on an amplifier. Buying an inferior amplifier will cause overheating of the system.
Here are the best 2000 watt amps in the market right now:
1. BOSS AUDIO AR2000M Armor 2000-Watt Monoblock
It is literally the boss when it comes to 2000 watts Amp and bang for your buck. It will elevate your stereo power with the 2 0hm stable amplifier.
You can customize your music between bass boost and low pass crossover. The BOSS AUDIO AR2000M Armor 2000 is a combination power and performance beautifully packaged in a compact design so that it can be mounted even in very tight areas.
Amp Topology|Monoblock, Class A/B
Channel Configuration|1 Channel
Power Supply Type|MOSFET Power Supply
Total Power Output|2000 Watts
Peak Power @ 2 Ω|2000Watts x1
Peak Power @ 4 Ω|1000Watts x1
RMS Power @ 2 Ω|1500Watts x1
RMS Power @ 4 Ω|750Watts x1
Speaker Impedance|2 to 8 Ω
T.H.D. (Total Harmonic Distortion)|0.01 %
S/N Ratio (A-Weighted)|105 dB
Frequency Response|9Hz to130Hz±1 dB
RCA Inputs|2 Channel
High Level Inputs|Yes
Low Pass Filter|40Hz to130Hz
Subwoofer Level Control|Yes
2. Rockville RXD-M3 4000 Watt/2000w RMS Mono
Rockville RXD-M3 4000 is endowed exclusively with professional peak limiter circuitry which guarantees distortion-free musical playback at all levels.
According to Rockville, thousands of hours of design and research has been put in to the Rockville RXD-M3 4000. It is guaranteed to perform and compete with amplifiers that cost twice as much. Only top quality components were used for the internals of the unit while focusing on a sleek rugged design for the heat-sink.
An aluminum composite casing is used for maximum cooling and prolonging dynamic performance.
- High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply
- Optical Coupler Class “D” Technology
- Studio-Grade Bipolar Output Stage Transistors
- Now exclusively with “Professional Peak Limiter Circuitry” which guarantees distortion free musical playback at all levels.
- Fully Adjustable 12dB / Octave Crossover with Differential Circuitry
- Low Pass Filter: 50Hz – 250Hz
- Subsonic Filter: 15Hz – 55Hz
- Phase Control Switch
- Full IC-Controlled Protection Circuitry
- Remote Dashboard Subwoofer Control
- Fully Adjustable 12dB Bass Equalizer
- Mute and Delay Soft Start System
- RCA Preamp Line Output
- 8 Volt Preamp Circuitry
- Status Mode LED Indicator
- Minimum THD at Rated Power: < 0.05%
- S / N Ratio: > 100dB
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 500Hz
- Damping Factor: > 275 @ 100Hz
- 120 Amp External In-Line ANL Fuse Block
- Dimensions: (W x H x L) 8.5˝ x 1.8˝ x 14.5˝
RMS Power Ratings: (Use these RMS ratings when comparing with great brands such as Hifonics, Earthquake, Soundstream, etc)
- 1 Ohm: 2000 Watts x 1 Channel
- 2 Ohm: 1500 Watts x 1 Channel
- 4 Ohm: 1100 Watts x 1 Channel
The Rockville RXD-M3 4000 offers 4 powerful mono block amplifiers designed with efficiency and power in mind. I would definitely recommend it if you are looking for a 2000 Watt amp.
- Kenwood KAC-9106D 2,000 Watt Mono Amplifier
It is a class D Mono amplifier with 2000 watts max output. Has 1000 watts RMS and 2 ohm and 500 watts @4ohm.
It has a RCA low level inputs and speaker level input for easy connectivity. It has variable subsonic filter which protects the subwoofers from damage with centre frequencies of 50-200 Hz.
The intelligent signal sense turns on automatically if there is trigger for the receiver output.
It utilizes the 3 40 amp fuses for max power output. The Kenwood KAC-9106D 2,000 also features mounting hardware and speaker level input.
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1,000 watts x 1 at 2 ohms)
- CEA-2006 compliant
- Class D amp design
- variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz at 24 dB per octave)
- bass boost (0-18 dB at 40 Hz )
- subsonic filter (20-50 Hz, 18 dB/octave )
- speaker-level inputs with signal sensing turn-on
- preamp inputs and outputs
- fuse rating: 40A x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-3/16″W x 2-1/4″H x 7-5/8″D
- warranty: 1 year
What You Get In The Box:
- Mono subwoofer amplifier
- Three 40 amp ATO fuses (installed)
- 2 Terminal covers (installed)
- 7″ Speaker-level input harness
- 5mm Allen wrench
- Four 5/8″ Self-tapping screws
- Instruction manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
- Warranty information
Kenwood KAC-9106D 2,000 Watt Mono Amplifier delivers reliable performance and superior quality. Kenwood never disappoints when it comes to sound.
4. BOSS R2000M 2000W Riot Monoblock
This amp can power any car audio application. Yes you read it right. Another superior 2000 Watt amp from boss that provides 2000 watts max power. Its complete kit comes with EMI isolated RCA audio cables, 315 stranded copper, nickel-plated high-impact resistant 60 AGU fuse holder.
- Total Power: 2000 Watts
- Max Power @ 2 Ohms 2000 Watts x 1
- RMS Power @ 4 Ohms 500 Watts x 1
- Soft Turn-On Circuit
- Thermal Overload & Speaker’s Short Protection
- Remote Subwoofer Level Control
- Power & Protection LEDs
- Amplifier Class: Class A/B
- Technology: MOSFET
- Number of Output Channels: 1
- Frequency Response: 9 to 130 Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD) @ RMS Output: 0.01%
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR): 102 dB
- Minimum Speaker Impedance: 2 Ohms
- Variable Low Pass Crossover35 to 160 Hz
- Dimensions: 10-7/16″ (W) x 2-1/4″ (H) x 15-1/2″ (L)
- Weight: 10 Lbs
- Type: 2 Channel
- Amplifiers Supported: Single Amplifier
- Power/Ground Wire Size: 4 Gauge
- Strand Count: 315
- Power Wire Length: 16Ft
- Ground Wire Length: 3Ft
- Speaker Wire Size: 12 Gauge
- Speaker Wire Length: 20Ft
- Remote Wire Size: 18 Gauge
- Remote Wire Length: 15Ft
- RCA Cable Length: 15Ft
- Fuse Holder: AGU
- Fuse Size: 60A
- Wire Ties: 20
- Spade Connectors: 2
- Ring Connectors: 2
- Ring Spade Terminals: 5
- Butt Connectors: 3
- Split Loom Tubing: Yes
- Screws: 3
- Fasten Connectors: 4
For a name-brand amplifier and the quality you get, the BOSS R2000M 2000W Riot Monoblock is great value for money.
5. Hifonics BRX2016.1D Brutus Mono Super D-Class
It is a high efficiency amplifier with better heat dissipation, vertical fan heat-sink and a nice rope illumination which gives a glow when the amplifier is installed and almost looks like it is floating. This amplifier is for someone who is serious about their bass. It goes up to 2400 watts RMS, CEA-2006 compliant.
- Brutus Series Monoblock Class D Car Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating:
- 4 ohms: 700 watts x 1 chan.
- 2 ohms: 1400 watts x 1 chan.
- 1 ohm: 2000 watts x 1 chan.
- Wired remote bass level control included
- Variable Bass Boost (0 to +10 dB bass boost at 50 Hz)
- Mono channel operation
- Variable low-pass filter (35-250 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Subsonic filter (24 dB at 15 Hz)
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicator lights
- On-board system diagnostics
- Preamp RCA ouputs allow for daisy chaining multiple amps
- 3-way system protection circuitry (thermal, overload and speaker short protection)
- Heavy duty aluminum alloy head sink
- Lighted connectors
- 1/0 gauge power and ground wiring is recommended for installation
- Dimensions: 9.8″Wx 14.7″L x 2.4″H
The Hifonics BRX2016.1D Brutus Mono Super D-Class offers a great balance between price and power with a solid look.
6. Crunch PX 2000.1D Power Monoblock Amplifier (class D, 2,000 Watts Max)
Crunch PX 2000.1D guarantees to deliver terrific sound to your woofers which will give your car audio system a great boost.
The Thermal Dispersion technology(QTD) utilizes aluminum for the heat sink compared to normal amplifiers.
- Class D
- Mono Subwoofer Amp
- Variable Input Voltage
- Qtd (quick Thermal Dispersion) Technology Heat Sink
- Low-noise Preamp
- Low-level RCA Inputs & Outputs
- Built-in Variable Electronic Crossover (hp & Lp)
- Onboard Bass Boost
- 2,000w Max
- 500w RMS X 1 @ 4OHM
- 1,000w RMS X 1 @ 2OHM
- 2,000w X 1 @ 1OHM D Class
- Dim: 3.7″H X 10.8″W X 13.3″D
Crunch never disappoints when it comes to car audio equipments. Their Crunch PX 2000.1D is their best 2000 watt amp to date.
7. Hifonics ZRX2016.4 Zeus Car Audio Amplifier, 4-Channel 2000-Watt
It has old school heat-sink synonymous with Hifonics for ultimate heat dissipation. The PWM MOSFTET power pushes maximum current levels.
The illuminated Hifonics badge adds an aesthetic feel to the 2000 watt amp,
- Zeus Series 4-Channel Class AB Car Amplifier
- Max Power Rating:
- 4 ohms: 250 watts x 4 chan.
- 2 ohms: 500 watts x 4 chan.
- Bridged, 4 ohms: 1000 watts x 2 chan.
- Max power output: 2000 watts
- Wired remote bass level control included
- Variable Bass Boost (0 to +12 dB bass boost at 45 Hz)
- 4/3/2 channel operation
- Speaker-level (high-level) inputs
- Variable high-pass filter (60-1200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Variable low-pass filter (30-250 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Frequency Response: 10-45,000 Hz
- Old School Hifonics heatsink provides superior heat dissipation
- Military grade PCB construction
- Simpatico coil design
- Hifonics surface mount design
- DC, short circuit, thermal and overload protection
- 8 gauge power and ground wiring is required for installation
- Dimensions: 10″Wx 22″L x 2.4″H
8. Pyramid PB918 2,000-Watt 2-Channel Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier
This 2-channel might be all you need to blast your vehicle on the free way. It provides 1000 watts RMS an can also be bridged with ne channel to go ham on 2000 watts max!
The adjustable electronic crossovers can be used for multiple-speakers configuration. The power protection election are integrated to ensure that your 2000 watt amp.
- Two Channel Amplification – Soft Turn On/Off Circuit – Remote Turn On – Power and Protection LED’s – Dimensions: 10.24”W × 2.26”H × 9.06”L
- 2×1000W Max Output – 2 Ohm Stereo Stable – Heavy Duty Aluminum Alloy Heat-sink – S/N Ratio: >95DB
- 1×2000W Watts 2 Bridged – Bridgeable into 4 Ohms – Hi/Low Level Inputs – Frequency Response: 15Hz-30KHz
- Fully Adjustable Electronic Crossovers – Mosfet PWM Power Supplies – High Impedance Input – THD<0.04%
- Variable Bass Boost (0-12DB@50Hz) – Variable Gain Control – High Level Molex Input – Fully Protected Circuitry
9. Planet Audio AC2000.2 ANARCHY 2000-Watt Full Range
Anarchy when it comes to sound and brute force when it comes to power. The planet audio AC2000.2 2000 watt amp can be paired to a speaker or two at 4 ohms or 4 pairs of speakers at 2 ohms.
The sound can be customized to variable lows, bass boost, remote subwoofer and high pass cross over.
- Anarchy Series 2-Channel Car Amplifier
- RMS Power Rating:
- 2 ohms: 700 watts x 2 chan.
- Bridged, 4 ohms: 1400 watts x 1 chan.
- Max power output:
- 2 ohms: 1000 watts x 2 chan.
- Pulse width modulated MOSFET power supply
- Convenient remote subwoofer control
- LED power (green) and protect (red) indicators
- Variable Bass Boost 0 to +18 dB
- Bridgeable Tri-mode operations
- Chrome-plated connections enhance durability
- Variable high and low pass crossovers
- Illuminated logo
- 3-Way System Protection circuitry (thermal, overload, and speaker short protection)
- Heavy duty aluminum alloy heatsink for extreme heat dissipation
- Low level high inputs
- Heavy-duty set-screw terminals
- Input sensitivity:
- Low level: 100mV-2V
- High level: 2V-8V
- Variable high-pass filter (50-500 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Variable low-pass filter (45-90 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
- Subsonic filter (24 dB at 15 Hz)
- Damping factor: >200
- Phase Shift: Switchable 0-180°
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 102 dB
- Frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- Dimensions: 13-9/16″Lx 10″W x 2-3/16″H
10. Pyle PLA2378 2-Channel 2,000-Watt Bridgeable Mosfet Amplifier
You don’t need to buy an expensive 2000 watt amp to get the best out of your car audio system. If you are on a tight budget and don’t want to sacrifice on quality, the Pyle PLA2378 2-Channel 2,000 is a good amp that fulfill your needs and requirements.
- Maximum Power Output 2 x 1000W
- Bridgeable Power @ 4 Ohms: 1 x 2000W
- 2 Channel Bridgeable MOSFET Amplifier
- Frequency Response 20 Hz-50kHz (±3dB)
- Output Power @ 14.4v DC, 50Hz
- 2 Ohm Stable
- MOSFET Power Supply
- PWM ( Pulse-Width-Modulation ) System
- Glass Epoxy PCB
- Silver RCA Inputs
- Custom Terminal Block for Speaker Connection
- Thermal / Overload / Short Circuit Protection
- Input Impedance: 47K Ohms
- Soft Turn On/ Off
- Advanced Protection Circuitry
- S/N Ratio: >90dB
- Dimensions:10.24”W x 2.21”H x 11.02”L
- Sold as: Unit
- Weight: 7.28 lbs
The 2000 Watt Amp is a great choice for car audio enthusiasts who are looking for excellent sound and power.
They are different products in the market of very high quality. The reviews we have covered offers an array of choices for the smart buyer who is not very sure on what to settle for. We hope this 2000 watt amp buyer’s guide is helpful in your search for the best car amp.