Have you been asking yourself on whether to go for a 2 channel amp or 4 channel amp? In which scenarios will you get the best out of your sound system? A 2 channel configuration means you’ll have to wire the back and the front left to a single channel and the inverse is true. Which begs the question, which are the best 2 channel Amps to take your car audio system to the next level?
2 Channel Amp Buyer’s Guide
1Rockville Rxa-t2 New 2400W Peak/1250w RMS 2 Channel Car Stereo Amp
This 2 Channel Amp features MOSFET power output and Class A/B circuitry synonymous with superior sound quality. It also utilizes the sound G technology which can adjust the rails depending on the power voltage needed.
- CEA Compliant Power Ratings: 200 Watts RMS x 2 @ 4 Ohms and 1% THD+N
300 Watts x 2 @ 2 Ohms < 1% THD
1 x 600 Watts bridged @ 4 Ohms < 1% THD
- RMS Power Ratings:1200 Watts (2 x 600 Watts RMS) @ 2 Ohms
800 Watts (2 x 400 Watts RMS @ 4 Ohms) < 1% THD
- Peak Power:…..2400 Watts (2 x 1200 @ 2 Ohms or 1 x 2400 @ 4 Ohms)
- High-Speed MOSFET Power Supply
- Studio-Grade Bipolar Output Stage Transistors
- Fully Adjustable 12dB / Octave Crossover
- Low Pass 50Hz – 250Hz
- High Pass 15Hz – 250Hz
- Fully Adjustable 12dB Bass Equalizer with Differential Circuitry
- 2 Ohm Stable Stereo
- 4 Ohm Mono Bridgeable
- Mute and Delay Soft Start System
- High Level Input with Auto Start Smart Turn-On
- Full IC-Controlled Protection Circuitry
- RCA Preamp Line Output
- ELNA Brand Audiophile Capacitors
- Status Mode LED Indicator
- 8 Volt Preamp Circuitry
- Minimum THD at Rated Power: < 0.05%
- Frequency Response: 10Hz – 40KHz
- S / N Ratio: 100dB
- Damping Factor: > 200 @ 100Hz
- Dual 40 Amp Maxi Fuses
- Dimensions: ( W x H x L ) 8.5˝ x 1.8˝ x 13
This 2 channel amp is CEA-2006 certified which means you can compare it with others in the market. We would definitely recommend it.
2. Rockford Fosgate R150X2 Prime 2-Channel Amplifier
The Rockford Fosgate R150X2 has solid metal chassis with a clean yet simple design. The LED lights blue when everything is properly configured and red when there are power surges or if there is short circuit or thermal overheat.
- 2-channel car amplifier
- 50 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms (75 watts RMS x 2 at 2 ohms)
- 150 watts RMS x 1 bridged output at 4 ohms (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- CEA-2006 Compliant
- variable high- and low-pass filters (50-250 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- Class-AB amplifier design
- MOSFET power supply
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- preamp outputs
- 11-1/4″W x 2″H x 7-3/8″D
What you get In The box:
- 2-Channel amplifier
- 6″ Speaker level input harness
- 3mm Allen wrench
- Four 3/4″ Self-tapping screws
- 4 Flat washers
- Installation & Operation manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ German/ Italian)
- Amplifier verification certificate
You will never worry about plunging impedances because the LED light will warn you. You get the bang for the buck with this 2 channel amp.
3. BOSS AUDIO R6002 Riot 1200-Watt Full Range
This 1200 Watt 2 channel amplifier is great for any car audio enthusiast. It features a compact design that can fit into most spaces and its 1200 watts max power provides an immersive sound experience in your car.
This amp utilizes the speaker overload protection to help guard your equipment. It also has soft turn-on circuit as well input level adjustments giving you complete control of your system.
It also has a remote bass control knob allowing you to control your bass output from your dashboard.
- 200 Watt x 2 Channel @ 4 Ohm
- Max Power:
600 Watt Max
- Class A/B
- Trimode Capable
- Blue Illuminated Boss Logo
- 2 Ohm Stable
- MOSFET Power
- Hi/Low Level Inputs
- Variable Bass Boost
- Hi/Low Pass Crossover
- Signal to Noise Ratio: >95 dB
- THD: 0.05%
- Dimensions: 9″ W x 2″ H x 12.25″
4. Rockford Fosgate P300X2 Punch 2-Channel Amplifier
This 2 channel amp is designed with a key focus on power output while maintaining a very small footprint.
It features a sleek, brushed aluminum and flat back design. The tuning options on the amplifier are covered up by a removable top layer.
The terminals on the side of the amplifier are low profile which allows for a clean install.
- RMS Power Rating:
4 ohms: 100 watts x 2 chan.
2 ohms: 150 watts x 2 chan.
- CEA-2006 compliant amplifier
- MOSFET power supply
- Muted turn on
- Cast aluminum heatsink
- 12dB/octave Butterworth crossover
- Stealth top mounted control panel
- LED power, thermal, and protect indicators
- Nickel-plated captive C-clamp terminals
- Input sensitivity: 150mV – 12V
- On-board Punch EQ
- Bass: 0dB to +18dB boost @ 45Hz.
- Treble: 0dB to +12dB boost @ 12.5kHz .
- Function depends upon LP/AP/HP switch position
- Selectable crossover modes: LP / AP / HP
- Variable crossover filter: 50-250Hz
- Frequency response: 20 – 20,000Hz
- Total Harmonic Distortion: <1.0%
- Dimensions: 9-7/8″Lx 7-3/4″W x 2-3/8″H
- Planet Audio AC2000.2 2000W 2-Ch Amplifier
It has an input sensitivity selector and continuously variable high pass and low pass crossover. This amplifier also features low level inputs.
It has heavy duty set-screw style terminals and chrome plated connections. The remote control is included in the box and the logo illuminates when it is turned on.
- Planet Audio 2000 Watt 2 Channel Car Amplifier
- RMS Power:
- 700 Watt x 2 Channel @ 2 Ohm
- 1000 Watt x 2 Channel @ 2 Ohm
- 1400 Watt x 1 Channel @ 4 Ohm Bridged
- 2000 Watt MAX Power
- Input Sensitivity Selector
- Variable Bass Boost (0 to +1 8dB)
- Switchable Phase Shift (0-180)
- Continuously Variable High Pass and Low Pass Crossover
- Low Level High Inputs
- Power and Protection LEDs
- Heavy Duty Set-Screw Style Terminals
- Chrome-Plated Connections
- Illuminated Logo
- Signa To Noise Ratio: 102dB
- Frequency Response: 20-20KHz
- Dimensions: 2-3/16”H x 10”W x 13-9/16”L
- Remote Control Included
Over the years, the technology used to create audio amplifiers has grown by limps and bounds. The best sounding 2 channel Amps should provide power and performance without necessarily making you broke. We have compiled this list of the best 2 channel Amp so that you don’t have to second guess on quality.