Going for the best 18 Inch Subwoofer is for those who have decided to go all out on their bass. It is the perfect choice if you want your car to be nothing but audio. Not a lot of people go for the 18 inch sub because of space considerations . It could take up your whole trunk but that would be a small sacrifice to make considering the power and bass you will be getting.
We have reviewed some of the best 18 inch subwoofers in the market today so that you can make a better decision when purchasing.
Best 18 Inch Subwoofer -Top 5
1. Skar Audio EVL-18 D4 18″ 2500 Watt Max Power Dual 4 Ohm Car Subwoofer
Skar have gone out in built quality and this one of the best 18 inch subwoofer. It completely re-defines what low-end quality sound production should mean.
The world class driver engineering ensures that the woofer is able to handle the lowest of frequencies even when it is operating full mode.
The subwoofer has a double stack ferrite motor which together with the 4 layer aluminum voice coil aids in heat dissipation so that you can play for longer hours without overwhelming your system.
It is also kept cool because of the advanced air flow cooling which has been integrated in the motor structure.
The EVL’s damper suspension together with the high-roll foam surround allows for riveting bass response.
- Skar Audio EVL-18 D2 18″ Competition Car Subwoofer
- Dual 2 Ohm Coil Configuration
- RMS Power: 1,250 Watts
- Peak Power: 2,500 Watts
- Voice Coil Size: 3″
- 4 Layer Black Aluminum CCAW Voice Coil
- Frequency Response: 30-300 Hz
- High Roll Foam Surround
- Sensitivity: 88dB
- Fs: 37Hz
- Re: 1.8 Ohms
- Qms: 5.65
- Qes: 1
- Qts: 0.85
- Mms: 424g
- Cms: 0.042mm/N
- Bl: 20n/a
- Vas: 81L
- Sd: 1164.1cm^2
- Xmax: 24mm (one-way)
2. Rockville RVP18W4 1200 Watt 18″ Raw Replacement DJ PA Subwoofer 4 Ohm Sub Woofer
The Rockville RVP18W4 will make your system erupt with a 1200 watts peak power. This strong and built to last 18 inch subwoofer comes encased in a raw steel basket with a fiber reinforced ultra-stiff composite paper cone.
This woofer has a 3 inch high temperature aluminum wire SPL voice coil and has a linear progressive spider to maintain optimum alignment.
On the side there dual nickel-plated banana terminals which makes it easy to install. This woofer can serve as a replacement or an upgrade to your current audio system.
- Power RMS: 600 Watts
- Peak Power: 1200 Watts
- Fiber Reinforced Ultra Stiff Paper Composite Cone
- Paper Composite Dust Cap
- Expanded and Rolled Steel Basket
- Accordion Cloth Surround
- Ultra Saturated, High BL Magnetic Motor Gap
- 3″ High Temperature CCAW High SPL Voice Coil
- Linear Progressive Conex Spiders
- Dual Nickel Plated Banana Plug Terminals
- Impedance: 4 Ohms
- 90 oz Magnet
- Mounting Depth: 7.17″ inches
- Frequency Response: 26 Hz to 500 Hz
- Sensitivity: 101dB @ 1w/1m
3. Pyle PL1890BL 18-Inch 1800 Watt DVC Subwoofer
The sub from Pyle is among the best 18 Inch subwoofer is a great bargain especially if you are on a budget and don’t want to compromise on quality.
It has inch high temperature dual kapton voice coil which helps in keeping the woofer cool in case there is overheating.
The non-fatiguing big rubber suspension helps in excursion by increasing efficiency of the subwoofer. The subwoofer can handle up to 1800 Watt max power.
- Blue Injection Molded Cone
- Non-Fatiguing Big Rubber Suspension
- Blue Chrome-Plated Steel Basket
- Bumped Vented Extended Pole Piece
- Silver Plated Terminal
- Flat Progressive Spider
- New Wave-Like Rubber Gasket
- Rubber Magnet Boot
- 3” High Temperature Dual Kapton Voice Coil
- Magnet Weight: 2×100 oz
- 1800 Watt Max Power Handling
- Impedance:4 Ohm (Per Coil)
- Fs:20, Qms:4.8, Qes:1.2, Qts:0.70, Vas (Cu ft)6.025
- SPL: 86dB
- Overall Diameter: 18.32”
- Mounting Depth: 8.80”
Must Read: Best 1000 Watt Amp
4. X-18 D2 – Sundown Audio 18″ Dual 2-Ohm X-Series Subwoofer
It has impeccable aesthetic design with a beefy and obnoxious surround. With its incredible linear suspension, this 15 inch subwoofer is truly one of a kind.
The subwoofer will work perfectly well in tiny enclosures and up to 50% more than the recommended low-frequency extension.
It provides consistent flat rate response at just any volume because of the frequency response doesn’t change at all.
It has 3 inch diameter CCAW voice coil for maximum excursion
- RMS Power = 1500-watts
- Vented magnetic gap
- Optimized high-velocity pole vent
- Innovative high-velocity vented frame spacer ring
- Black Aluminum 3” voice coil former for superior heat dissipation
- High Temperature Round-Wire CCAW voice coil with high-temp black adhesive
- ** The 18” model with optional tooled Sundown Frame uses a 4-Layer Flat Wire / All Aluminum Coil that is ~30% longer
- Large aluminum faraday ring (Magnet ID)
- Spring Loaded Terminals
- Stitched-On Double-XL Tinsel Leads to prevent fatigue and failure
- Mega-Roll v.2 Surround Technology
- High strength, custom tooled & patented cast aluminum frame
- Optimized for small ported & band-pass enclosures
5. American Bass 18″ Cast Frame 320Oz Magnet Woofer
Rated as one of the best 18 inch subwoofer, American Bass is designed with durable interwoven and none-press cone and EROM foam surround for high excursion.
It produces 3000 watts max power wired at 1 ohm with a 3000 ounce magnet. It features a die cast basket and has vents that are attached to the conex spiders.
- 18″ die cast basket with perimeter vents
- Strong kevlar woven nonpress paper cone
- EROM high excursion foam surround
- 3″ long throw hi-temp flat aluminum wire voice coil
- Triple-stacked 300oz magnet
- Rubber gasket and rubber magnet boot
- 10# power cable
- Dual 1ohm impedance
- Mounting Depth: 10 1/8″
You Might Also Like: Best 15 Inch Subwoofer 2017 -Buyer’s Guide