A 15 Inch Subwoofer could add some serious bass to your car audio system. Whether you want to integrate it with you factory or after market unit, a 15 inch sub is an excellent choice. We have a compiled a list of some of the best 15 inch subwoofers in the market today.
15 Inch Subwoofer Buyer’s Guide
1. NVX 15-inch True 1000 watt RMS Dual 2-Ohm Car Subwoofer
This NVX is a high end subwoofer that offers a fine balance between sound quality and SPL. In the front, you will notice a large dome dust cap that attaches to the hybrid woollen fibre and none pressed paper cone. It has nylon stitching which means it will last for a very long time.
It features a 3 inch voice coil which helps keep the moving part of the subwoofer in line even during long term or extreme use.
Each set of terminals are clearly labelled and provides secure connection. The basket not only looks great but is also made from die cast aluminium and there is large triple stack magnet structure that is 195 ounces. It has a power rating of 850-1000 watt RMS.
- 15″ Dual 2-ohm VC-Series Car Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- RMS Power Range: 1000 watts
- Recommended power range: 850 – 1000 watts RMS
- Impedance: Dual 2 ohms
- Pressed paper cone with woven fiber top
- High excursion foam surround
- Cast aluminum basket for maximum rigidity
- Dual Poly-Cotton Spiders
- 3″ Aluminum Voice coil
- Triple stacked Ferite magnet motor structure with protective rubber boot
- Frequency response: 20-200 Hz
- Resonance Frequency (Fs): 24 Hz
- Optimal sealed box volume: 1.70 cubic feet
- Optimal ported box volume: 2.75 cubic feet
- Top-mount depth: 7.57″
- Sensitivity: 87dB
- Power Acoustik MOFO-154X MOFO 15-Inch Dual 4-Ohm VC 3000 Watt Pro Subwoofer
If you want to hit real bass then this the subwoofer for you. The composite poly/paper cone has a dustcap engraved in aluminum stiffeners.
This get rides of the cone flex during high excursion and low bass. The dustcap also comes in handy to provide cooling for the high efficiency coil.
This 15 inch subwoofer is redesigned and refined to increase efficiency and power dramatically.
- 15″ Dual 4 ohm Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
Peak: 3000 watts
RMS: 1700 watts
- Recommended power range: 600 – 1700 watts RMS
- Impedance: Dual 4 Ohm
- Non pressed pulp cone
- Polyether foam surround for enhanced excursion
- Die cast aluminum frame
- 2-1/2″ 4-layer voice coil
- Anodized aluminum former
- Nickel plated 8 gauge compression wire terminal
- 170 oz Strontium ferrite magnet
- Royal blue finish with diamond cut accents
- Die cast aluminum voice coil heatsink
- Dual poly cotton spiders
- Vented pole piece
- Sensitivity: 87 dB
- Xmax: 15mm
- Mounting Depth: 8-1/4″
- Cutout Diameter: 14-1/8″
3. Kicker CWR152 15″ Dual 2-Ohm CompR Series Car Subwoofer (40CWR152)
This kicker 15 inch subwoofer is power hungry bass machine. The subwoofer is the new version of the best selling CVR series from Kicker.
Designed for both sealed and ported enclosures, it can handle quite a bit of power. It uses an injected poly/paper cone providing a light weight but sturdy design while maintaining the kicker look.
Also featured in the woofer is a ribbed, tough surround which maximizes excursion and helps keep the response tight.
For ease of installation, the impedance selector switch which makes it simple to get the desired impedance.
To maximize bass output while keeping the high temperature voice coil cool, kicker uses a vented pull piece and a quad venting system under the cone. This subwoofer also uses a large diameter progressive roll spider with high strength spiral lids.
- 5″ subwoofer with dual 2-ohm voice coils
- injection-molded polypropylene cone
- rubber surround
- power handling: 100-800 watts RMS (400 watts per coil)
- peak power handling: 1,600 watts
- frequency response: 25-500 Hz
- sensitivity: 89.2 dB
- top-mount depth: 7-7/8″
- sealed box volume: 1.8 – 5.2 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 3.0 – 5.0 cu. ft.
What You Get in The Box:
- One 15″ Dual 2-ohm voice coil subwoofer (with impedance switch)
- Kicker logo stickers
- Manual (English/ Spanish/ German/ French)
- Template on box
4. Rockford Fosgate P3D4-15 Punch P3 DVC 4 Ohm 15-Inch 600 Watts RMS 1200 Watts Peak Subwoofer
This 4 ohm 15 inch subwoofer can handle up to 1200 watt max power and 600 watts RMS power.
It features high-temp voice coil with a spun-laced Nomex reinforcement collar.It has anodize aluminum cone and dustcap plus a protective PVC texture magnet cover.
It also haas custom 10-AWG nickel plated push terminals and diamond cut cast aluminum trim ring with an optional grille, though the grill insert is not included. The Stampcast basket has integrated spider venting.
- 15″ subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- anodized aluminum cone with Santoprene surround
- hybrid StampCast basket provides strength while minimizing weight and resonance
- Vertical Attach Surround Technique (VAST™) increases cone area
- power range: 300-600 watts RMS (1200 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 22-250 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- top-mount depth: 7-5/8″
- sealed box volume: 1.5-3.0 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 2.66 cubic feet
- warranty: 1 year
5. Alpine Type-R SWR-1542D – Car subwoofer driver – 750 Watt – 15″
These redesigned fifth-generation Alpine Type R 15 inch subwoofers brings sexy back with a host of improved technologies and design elements that keep it in the top ranks of its class. Increased power handling, cleaner output, and a wide frequency response makes it perfect for deep, loud bass or crystal clear output.
From the top, the redesigned black Kevlar treated pulp cone has high tensile strength-to-weight ratio making it ideal for withstanding cone flex during intense bass sessions.
Attached to the cone is high amplitude multi-roll surround which is ribbed to increase linear excursion beyond the limitations of standard surround.
The cast aluminum frame is integrated with an integral shorting sleeve and radial vented heatsink which forces air to rapidly cool the motor structure.
8 gauge push terminals with voice coil jumpers make configuring the final impedance a breeze and amplifier connectivity simple.
The progressive spider assembly uses conex, a material which has excellent resistance to heat and neither melts not ignites under the toughest situations.
- 15″ Dual 4 ohm Type-R Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
Peak: 2000 watts
RMS: 750 watts
- Parabolic kevlar/pulp fiber cone
- High amplitude multi-roll santoprene surround
- Cast aluminum perimeter vented heat transfer frame
- Compound Radius Curve (CRC) Motor structure
- Spiral cut aluminum former with high temperature DVC Winding
- Radial Vented (VC) heat sink and Airflow Management System
- Mirrored progressive nomex spiders with reinforced layer integrated tinsel leadsMust Read: Best 1000 Watt Amp 2017
6. Kicker S15L7 4-ohm 15″ Car Audio Subwoofer
The L7 has to be one of kicker’s most impressive 15 inch subwoofer. The first notable characteristic of the L7 is the square cone design giving it 20% more cone area that a typical round subwoofer which means more air displacement.
It has a thick injected moulded solo cone to increase strength and performance and decrease distortion.
The surround is built for high excursion and features kicker’s patented ribbed corners which adds control and flexibility to eliminate distortion giving you clear and loud bass.
The cast aluminum basket provides a strong motor foundation which dissipates heat than other metals.
Rather than a vented pole piece, the l7 uses a 360 degrees venting structure on its sides.
- 5″ Dual 4 Ohm Solo-Baric L7 Series Subwoofer
- Power Handling:
- Peak: 2000 watts
- RMS: 1000 watts
- Recommended power range: 500 – 1200 watts RMS
- Titanium deposit impregnated cone woofer with rolled outer edge
- Santoprene rubber surround
- Full coverage back bracing
- Poly-cotton semi-progressive spider
- Spiralead™ tinsel-lead technology
- Highly-efficient UniPlate™ pole-piece/back plate
- Heat-reducing T-cut top plate
- Solid pole piece
- Cast-aluminum basket
- Spring loaded terminals
- High-temp dual 4 ohm voice coil
- Mounting Depth: 8-11/16″
- Cutout Diameter: 13-3/4″