A good 12 inch subwoofer box is an essential foundation for a top notch car audio system. The sealed and ported enclosures are the most popular enclosures you will come across when buying a sub box for your sound system.
Some people may prefer to build their own subwoofer box but it can get technical and time consuming especially if you don’t have all the resources at hand.
We have reviewed some of the best some of the best 12 inch subwoofer boxes which are easy to install even for a newbie.
12 Inch Subwoofer Box Buyer’s Guide
1. Q Power QBOMB12VL SINGLE Single 12-Inch Side Ported Speaker Box
The Q Power 12 Inch Subwoofer box enclosure is built and designed to achieve maximum bass. It has also has a 22 inch mounting depth and can perfectly fit different subwoofers.
The single vent chamber is configured with 1.8 cubic of nothing but air space. The superior bedliner finish does not only give it you a superior look and enhances durability.
- Side Ported
- Durable Bed Liner Spray
- Screw Down DELUXE Terminal Cups
- 8 cubic feet air space
2. Bbox E12DSV Dual 12″ Shared Vented Enclosure
The Bbox 12 inch subwoofer box has a is a dual vented enclosure with a hole cutout at 11.12 inches.
It might be a giant enclosure but it only weighs 17 pounds and can fit in the trunk of most vehicles.
Contrary to other reviews the box is 1” MDF on all outside panels. The panels are notched at the edge to give it a more organized look. You will to run a wire from the terminal cup tabs to the speaker.
- MDF Construction with 1-inch Speaker Face
- Miter & Dado Construction with Premium Carpeted Finish
- Slot Vent with Black & Red Spring Loaded Terminal Cups
- Gross Cu. Ft. 1.60 Net Cu. Ft.1.40 (Tuning 39Hz) Speaker hole cutout 11.12″
- (W) 30.00″ x (H) 13.75″ x (D) 17.25″ – Vent (W) 2.75″ x (H) 12.50″ x (Deep) 13.50″ “L” shape vent
3. Q Power QBOMB12VL Dual 12-Inch SPL Vented Speaker Box
This is another subwoofer box from Q power and it is one the best prefab boxes available in the market today. It is well built and the lows hit with a bang and works really well with different subwoofers.
It has great design and has a huge port which you can literally fit your whole arm. It can move a lot of air with overwhelming the sub. The price point and the built quality makes this 12 inch subwoofer box a sound force to reckon with.
- 12″ Dual Ported Subwoofer Enclosure
- Subwoofer mounting depth: 22″
- Durable 5/8″ Medium Density Fiberboard (MDF) construction
- Box volume: 2.25 cubic feet (per chamber)
- Total box volume: 4.5 cubic feet
- Rhino Linings Brand Spray Coating
- Dimensions: 22-1/2″Dx 36″W x 14-1/4″H
- Rectangular port
- Number of ports: 1
4. ASC Dual 12″ Subwoofer Universal Fit Vented Port Sub Box Speaker Enclosure
This 12 inch enclosure is guaranteed to work with almost any subwoofer. A vented enclosure ensures that you get maximum bass for every watt.
The overall output is greatly increased because there is free flow of air for frequency fine tuning and this is all made possible by the vents. More air means more bass, just simple science.
The box is made MDF precision cuts and are liquid nailed for complete sealing. They are the enclosed in a high finishing carpet casing which augurs well with most car interiors.
For easy connection, the box has spring loaded terminal cups. The ASC Dual is made with real estate considerations and will fit perfectly in your trunk.
- Dimensions: Width 34″ x Height 13-1/4″ x Depth 16-1/4″
- Mounting Depth: 15-3/4 Inches
- Air Space: 1.60 Cubic Feet
5. Q Power BASS12 4HOLE T 12-Inch Sealed Divided Speaker Box
The Q Power BASS12 is perfect if you want to fit 4 subs. It is recommended you have a powerful amplifier if you are going to power all the 4 12 inch subwoofers.
Just like most Q power boxes, there is very little obstruction when it comes to air circulation for maximum bass output. The only downside to this box is it very fragile and truck may be needed for transportation.
- Compact 4 hole design
- Durable charcoal carpet
- Easy push button terminal cups
Must Read: Best 12 Inch Subwoofer 2017- Buyer’s Guide
6. Sycho Sound New Single Car Black Subwoofer Box Sealed Automotive Enclosure
The Sycho has in-built terminals with gold screw posts and designed to fit in just any vehicle. It has a speaker mounting of 6.5 inch and weighs 13 pounds.
The front where you are supposed to load the speaker is flat while the back is slanted to allow for efficient air flow.
The black aviation carpet can easily blend with the interiors of any vehicle.
- 12S Single 12″ Woofer Sealed Car Enclosure
- 12″ Woofer Hole is 11″ in Diameter
- 3/4″ MDF Face
- Enclosure Volume is 1.25 Cubic Feet
- Height 13″ x Length 16″ x Top Depth 12″ x Bottom Depth 15.5″
- Q-power QTW12 Single 12-Inch Sealed Subwoofer Box Enclosures
The Q -power 12 inch subwoofer box features a 5/8′ MDF construction and 0.9 cubic feet of air space inside the box.
It is designed and built for the deepest bass with terminal cup connectors and a charcoal carpet cover.
- DIMENSIONS: 20″ (W) x 15″ (H) x 5″- 7.5″ (TD-BD)
- mounting depth of 4.75 inches
- 9 cubic feet air space.